Never underestimate the power of one wheel drive!

Images

Many of the images I add to this blog are clickable for a better resolution. Give it a go!

Monday 20 May 2013

The difference between trikes and uprights-

- or Upwrongs as some in the 'bent crowd call them.

This morning’s ride to work was the first outing on an upright for a week. I immediately noticed the difference in driver perception.

Every overtake I experienced last week whilst on the trike was accomplished by the driver moving to the other carriageway when room permitted. If it didn't, they were closer to what was on the other side of the road than to me.

As I rode to work this morning, 50% of the passes by motor vehicles were with 2 feet or less between my elbow and the side of the vehicle. I would say 25% were with a distance of about half of what I got last week. The remaining 25% were the same as last week.

I can only assume that I wasn't as scary looking on the upright.....

Well done to Mark Cavendish for reaching (and passing) 100 professional victories!

No comments:

Post a Comment